More than half of the available ID.3 1ST special limited edition is sold out.
As the German manufacturer plans only 30,000 ID.3 1st Edition, more than half are already pre-booked with around €1,000 (or £750 in the UK) reservation fee paid.
Some were wondering whether 10,000 reservations within the first 24 hours since launch on May 8 was high enough to consider the campaign success. Now, with more than 15,000 over six days, we can estimate the post-launch rate at some 1,000 per day. Is this enough though? Consider that Volkswagen plans to sell around 100,000 ID.3 per year.
The greatest interest in ID.3 comes from countries where EV sales are already relatively high:
“The positive response shows that many customers are ready for e-mobility. People who want to be among the first to drive an ID.3 should not wait too long with their registrations. The number of pre-bookers is rising steadily.”
- ID.3 1ST special edition (30,000 vehicles), medium battery pack (58 kWh, 420 km / 261 miles of WLTP range), starting below €40,000 in Germany before the deduction of the subsidy, in four colours and three trim versions
- ID.3 regular with medium battery pack
- ID.3 regular with big battery pack
- ID.3 regular with base battery pack starting below €30,000 (target) in Germany
* Registration deposit is €1,000, but could vary in other countries (£750 in the UK).
- Production of the ID.3 1st Edition is to start as planned at the end of 2019
- First vehicles are to be delivered in mid-2020
Already more than 15,000 registrations for the ID.3
- More than half of pre-booking volume now reserved
- Greatest interest from Germany, Norway, the Netherlands, the UK and Sweden
- Sales Board Member Jürgen Stackmann: “The positive response shows that many customers are ready for e-mobility.“
Less than one week after the start of pre-booking for the ID.3, more than 15,000 registrations have already been received for the first model in the new full-electric ID. family. That is already more than half of the total pre-booking volume of 30,000 vehicles. Volkswagen has recorded the greatest interest from the markets of Germany, Norway, the Netherlands, the UK and Sweden. The IT systems of the pre-booking platforms are now stable after the initial flood of customers. Jürgen Stackmann, Member of the Board of Management of the Volkswagen Passenger Cars brand responsible for Sales, Marketing and After-Sales: “The positive response shows that many customers are ready for e-mobility. People who want to be among the first to drive an ID.3 should not wait too long with their registrations. The number of pre-bookers is rising steadily.”